Tom Brannen has over 20 years’ experience in the communications field helping clients in different vertical markets, both nationally and internationally, with their Strategic Planning, Business Processes, and Technical Processes. To provide this assistance he is at times a consultant and at other times an analyst. He thinks big picture, yet uses his speaking, writing, technical and project management skills to assist “C” level to the lowest level in a company to understand the goals and how they can get there, and then utilizes his measurable knowledge and techniques to show the client when they have arrived. He is considered a Thought Leader, and provides this expertise to write articles for different industry sources and presentations skills at conferences.
Tom Brannen has more than 20 years’ experience as an independent communications technology consultant, and has worked in all facets of the communications industry helping clients improve their overall communications experience, with a focus on return-on-investment. His independent focus and strategic approach has proved successful in assisting organizations of all sizes in a myriad of vertical markets. Mr. Brannen has served as Senior Vice President on the Board of Directors of The Society of Communication Technology Consultants International (SCTC), a professional association of independent information technology and communications consultants.
Having earned a Bachelor of Business Administration, Management Information Systems, from The University of Georgia in 1993, Mr. Brannen is a recognized industry expert on emergency notification, and his media contributions include magazines, radio, internet video, and industry leading blogs. He is the creator of “Convergence Today”, a video conversation of topics related to convergence technologies with industry leaders, and is a highly sought after Speaker at industry conferences.
Mr. Brannen’s areas of expertise include Mobility Management, Strategic Planning, Unified Communication, Collaboration, Local Service Analysis, Wide Area Networking, Carrier Negotiations, Expense Management and Project Management.
Samples of his consulting assignments are shown below:
- Worked on all facets of mobile communications strategies for a large international manufacturing company. Projects included a detailed analysis and consolidation of 2,000 wireless services across North America, strategic planning for wireless communications, and development of a mobile video enabled collaboration toolset for remote technicians in the field. Also developed a strategy for a BYOD program and a corporate mobile use policy.
- Managed contract negotiations and ongoing management of 275 mobile devices for regional service company. Projects include ongoing strategic planning, bill review, MDM strategy and engagement, and expense management.
- Worked with an international team of consultants to provide market research to an industry leading Unified Communications provider. Tasks included collecting and summarizing market research data and providing strategic recommendations for working with small, medium, and large enterprises.
- Responsible for the selection of a communications platform and partner for a large regional medical center, from RFP development through vendor evaluation and selection. System was designed to support up to 15,000 users, networking existing legacy systems with a migration plan forward to centralize to an entirely SIP based environment. Supported applications included Unified Communications, operator positions, mobile applications and devices, contact center, E911, CRD and reporting, integration with operational applications, and Lync integration.
- Provided consulting and subject matter expertise for national contact center roll out for large transportation company. System was completely centralized, yet agents were spread out across 30 locations in North America. Functionality included custom call routing, screen pops, and other advanced contact center applications and was entirely SIP based.
- Involved with all stages of telecommunications planning, procurement and implementation for an office building and state of the art research facility. Assisted with the planning and evaluation of all communications technology, including infrastructure, voice and data networking equipment, and network services. Responsible for all phases of implementation of new contact center, from needs assessment through implementation. Oversaw implementation of selected data and IP Telephony solutions and addressed ongoing vendor management and issue resolution.
- Conducted companywide strategic planning assessment for a regional utility company, encompassing all areas of communications technology. Implemented creative technology initiatives contributing to significant operational efficiencies and improved bottom line organizational performance. Analyzed contact center technology, problem areas, overall performance, and management tools and provided recommendations for technical and operation improvements.
- Led the complete overhaul of communications applications for a large medical facility and, over the course of a multiyear engagement, implemented several measures to reduce expenses and improve the communications effectiveness with doctors, patients, and infernal staff. Areas of improvement included call handling, call reporting, site networking, off site call handling, operator applications, quality control, appointment reminders, and integration issues with in-house paging system.
Mr. Brannen’s credentials include
- Contribute regularly to www.NoJitter.com
- Contributor article in Buildings Magazine
- “From Conferencing to Collaboration” – May 2009
- Speaker at professional conferences:
- Enterprise Connect – Orlando, FL – March 2016
- “Capitalizing on the New Mobile Pricing Plans
- IT Expo – Fort Lauderdale, FL – January 2016
- “Developing your Communications and Collaboration Strategy”
- “Mobility: 6 Things Top Telecom Departments Know and Do Well!”
- Society of Communications Technology Consultants, Chicago, IL
- “Next Gen Emergency Notification”
- Consultant Day (held during Mobile World Congress) – Barcelona, Spain
- “Convergence: The Power of People Coming Together”
- Enterprise Connect – Orlando, FL – March 2016