Larry Treas has over 36 years in the telecom industry, with over 30 years as an independent telecommunications consultant, and multiple years with other founded companies in the telecom field. He is known as the “Idea” person, a visionary, one that is looking for trends to see where the market is moving. He looks to find ways to spur this area on by volunteering. One way he accomplished this in 2012 was by being a mentor, helping new entrepreneurs through “BP4B” (Blueprint for Business), a mentorship-driven startup accelerator. Mr. Treas partners with leadership of progressive organizations in analysis of operational processes and development of strategies to drive efficiency, best practices, and bottom-line profitability. Some of his clients have been the top 50 companies in the USA, some with single sites and others with multi-location, including international locations. He started Experica to help Enterprise clients and Vendors of Enterprise companies to know the truth – Enterprise to know reality about a vendor product or service, and Vendors to understand what their market is and how to best fit within it to meet the needs of the Enterprise customer. Some would say Mr. Treas walks on water!
Mr. Treas partners with the leadership of progressive organizations in analysis of operational processes and development of strategies to drive efficiency, best practices, and bottom-line profitability—especially in the arenas of information technology and telecommunications.
Having directed a profitable technology and telecom business for over 30 years, while managing at times to 10 employees, he has been intimately involved with every aspect of operations from P&L, Project Management and Business Analysis to Contract Negotiations, Expense Management, and Risk Mitigation. Mr. Treas has serviced organizations and been an interim CIO. These companies range from single-location facilities to multinational and Fortune 50 corporations.
Understanding each client has its own unique challenges; Mr. Treas would consult with executive leadership to determine corporate objectives, and conduct on-site surveys and needs analyses (this is where problematic technologies and processes can be identified that cause financial bleeds and threaten productivity). Customized strategy would then be developed to overcome obstacles and drive process improvement, leveraging the latest advancements in technology and telecommunications to secure the best ROI.
Mr. Treas has an uncanny ability to manage projects. At times there could be up to 30 projects where he leads teams in execution of project plans, tracking expenses and progress to accomplish timeline and budgetary goals. He troubleshoots systems to identify weaknesses and architect solutions, implementing strategies across multi-level / cross-functional teams.
Mr. Treas also evaluates existing vendor contracts to identify opportunities for cost reductions and negotiate revisions, obtaining significantly lower rates and credits. As vendor contracts typically renew, the savings generated can extend to multiple millions over the lifetime of the contract, freeing up resources for other critical initiatives and strengthening his clients’ overall positioning in the marketplace.
- Professional Associations, Membership and Volunteer
- Past Member of the Consumer Advisory Committee of the Federal Communications Commission (FCC)
- Past Member of Oklahoma State Chamber Technology Committee
- Past Treasurer of the Society of Communications Technology Consultants (SCTC), member since 1992
- Member of the Industry Advisory Council (IAC) at Oklahoma State University for the Electronics Engineering Technology School since 1996
- Member of Program Advisory Committee at Francis Tuttle Technology Center for the School of Technology in Oklahoma City since 2002
- 2012 volunteered as a mentor helping new entrepreneurs through “BP4B” (Blueprint for Business), a mentorship-driven startup accelerator
- Provided Presentations
- IT Expo – Jan 26th – 28th, 2016
- Distributed Antenna Systems Summit – Jan 28th – Feb 1st, 2009
- Awards, Honors
- 2002, 2007 Journal Record Innovator of the Year
- 2007-2008 Executive of the Year, Oklahoma City Chapter, International Association of Administrative Professionals
- Mr. Treas received his Bachelor of Science in Electronics Engineering Technology (EET) from Oklahoma State University