Barry Zweibel has deep telecommunications leadership/operations experience, from serving as VP of Telecommunications at the Chicago Mercantile Exchange to founding a coaching practice where, as a Master Coach, he assists companies, and specifically “C” level and other managers, with leadership development, conflict management, mentoring, career acceleration, personal hardiness, resilience, directional leadership and executive intelligence. He has been quoted by The Wall Street Journal, CNN, and many other coaches. He taught and created curriculum at both corporate and collegiate levels, and was appointed by then Chicago Mayor Richard Daley to serve as one of four members on the city’s Emergency 911 Replacement Project Private Sector Oversight Committee. Some of what Barry has learned is in his book “Leadership Haiku”, where he talks about increasing ones impact and influence.
Barry Zweibel has deep telecommunications leadership/operations experience. In addition to being accountable to the Board of Directors for insuring the operational integrity and fiduciary control of all Chicago Mercantile Exchange (CME) telecommunications systems and programs, Mr. Zweibel also brought a number of innovative, game-changing, wireless technology applications to the CME trading floors. Earlier, he played a significant role in insuring both the successful relocation of the CME to its new headquarters, and the subsequent build-out of its Upper Trading Floor (UTF). He’s also taught and created curriculum at both the corporate and collegiate levels, including creating and teaching Managing (the Human Side of) Mission Critical Systems for Northwestern University’s science program.
Known as a leadership development specialist, master certified coach, conflict management trainer, and author (Leadership Haiku: Increasing Your Impact and Influence 17 Syllables At A Time), he helps executives and mid-level leaders bridge that gap. The Wall Street Journal and CNN.com have quoted Mr. Zweibel as a subject matter expert, and his insights on leadership, coaching, mentoring, conflict management, and career acceleration have been widely published.
With an MBA in Marketing from DePaul University, Chicago, as well as a BA in Psychology from Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, Mr. Zweibel lists his Top 5 Strengths as
- Strategic –naturally able to see through the clutter where others simply see complexity
- Maximizer –loves transforming strong ideas into superb ones
- Ideation –is able to understand, and crisply explain, how seemingly disparate ideas connect together
- Input –collects thoughts and ideas and takes pleasure in retrieving relevant insights at just the right time
- Intellection –enjoys exercising his brain as others might exercise their muscles, and doing so for purposes of good, not evil
Since 2007, the International Coach Federation has recognized Mr. Zweibel as a Master Certified Coach (MCC) – the Gold Standard of coach credentialing – a distinction that fewer than 2% of all coaches, worldwide, have ever achieved.
- Professional Associations, Membership and Volunteer
- Master Certified Coach (MCC)– The International Coach Federation
- Authorized Administrator and Certified Master Trainer, the Conflict Dynamics Profile (CDP) assessment – Center for Conflict Dynamics
- Founding Member – Mentors Guild
- Certified Executive Coach (CEC)– National Association of Business Coaches
- Registered Corporate Coach (RCC)– Worldwide Association of Business Coaches
- Founding Memberand R&D Team Member – CoachVille
- Certified Professional Co-Active Coach (CPCC) – Coaches Training Institute
- Member – Haiku Society of America, Inc.
- Cheerful Member – Secret Society of Happy People (hey, why not?!)